Smart card works with GPG v1 but not with GPG v2 on Ubuntu

Jan Geep g33plm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 17:20:47 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Pete Stephenson <pete at heypete.com> wrote:

> Did you install the libccid and pcscd packages, as described at
> https://www.crypto-stick.com/start ?
>
> If that doesn't work, also try installing the gpgsm package

Thanks Pete, I had the first two installed but not gpgsm, installed it but
still no go.

$ dpkg -l | egrep 'libccid|pcscd|gpgsm'
ii  gpgsm  2.0.17-2ubuntu2.12.04.2       GNU privacy guard - S/MIME version
ii  libccid  1.4.5-1                                 PC/SC driver for USB
CCID smart card readers
ii  pcscd  1.7.4-2ubuntu2                      Middleware to access a smart
card using PC/SC (daemon side)