Fix for smartcards on some newer linux distros

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 11 09:35:48 CET 2013

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:10, kgo at grant-olson.net said:

> P.S.  Wonder if we can get a better error message since this really
> has nothing to do with unsupported certificates.

Sorry, we can't do much here because gnome-keyring is hijacking the IPC
between gpg and gpg-agent.

The good news is that we have a tentative plan to allow gnome-keyring to
drop its interference with gpg-agent.  The main change we need to do is
to perform a dummy pinentry call whenever we remove a passphrase from
gpg-agent's cache.  This way gnome-keyring can sync its own passphrase
caching with the one done in gpg-agent.

Thanks for writing about these problems.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner