Different output when using --list-only --decrypt depending on presence of private key

Branko Majic branko at majic.rs
Tue Mar 26 20:42:35 CET 2013

Hello all,

I'm using Debian Wheezy, GnuPG version 2.0.19.

I've discovered a slight difference in the output I get from the
--list-only --decrypt command depending on whether the secret keyring
contains one of the private keys used for encrypting the file or not.

For example, if I've encrypted a file for two recipients, where I
have private key of one of the recipients in the secret keyring, and
then I try to list the encryption keys used with:

gpg2 --list-only --decrypt test.gpg

I will get only one of the keys listed (the one for which I don't have
the encryption key).

I'll get a full listing of keys if I were to run, for example:

gpg2 --homedir /tmp/bogushomedir --list-only --decrypt test.gpg

On the other hand, I'll get full list of keys used if I run something
like this:

gpg2 --status-fd 1 --quiet --batch --list-only --decrypt test.gpg

Is this intended behaviour or a bug? I haven't found anything in the
man page.

Best regards

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.