gpg for anonymous users - Alternative to the web of trust?

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Mar 26 23:49:13 CET 2013

Its pretty much impossible to distinguish a nation-state's covert agency
personnel who are masquerading as someone else from the real someone
else. In the UK we have recently had examples of undercover agents
infiltrating animal rights groups or similar as activists, forming deep
emotional relationships with female members, moving in with them, having
children with them, and then years later, after the group has been
smashed, disappearing from the scene. One such lady victim saw the
picture of a policeman years later (I think in a newspaper) and
recognised him as the father of her child, which is when the scam was
blown open. So in short, these agencies do not find it difficult to do
anything that they need or want to do

regards

David