Developing JavaCard applet

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:18:12 CEST 2013

Il 03/05/2013 09:53, Branko Majic ha scritto:

>> I'm planninng to start work on a "OpenGPGCard TNG" ( :) ) that
>> allows: - exportable keys only towards user-certified devices -
>> support for 2048 bit keys -- more if HW allows it - storage for
>> "many" (thought at least 18 to allow 1 key per year till 2030)
>> encryption keys (current + expired ones), plus regular signature
>> and auth keys, plus an extra auth key for RFID auth.
[...]
> That certainly sounds interesting.
Hope so :)
I didn't yet start massive pgp use just 'cause those limitations.

> I can volunteer to test it out once you have some workable code - I
> have a couple of Oberthur cards that are collecting the dust :)
How much memory do they have? I think that less than 64K won't be
enough... But you could start experimenting with "old plain" JCOpenPGP
(currently on Sourceforge) that we'll be using as a basis.

> What I might be even more interested in is if you could describe
> the development process you use for working on a JavaCard applet -
> there's very little resources out there to get people up and
> running with such exotic topic. The added value would be ability
> for more people to chip in with contributions :)
It's already documented (by Petr Svenda) and there's even a VM: see
https://minotaur.fi.muni.cz:8443/~xsvenda/docuwiki/doku.php?id=public:smartcard:javacardcompilation

BYtE,
 Diego.