Suggest please

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Fri May 3 14:51:39 CEST 2013

Il 03/05/2013 14:29, Lema KB ha scritto:
> It is not appropriate for us to have several public-private-keys.
Then probably you don't need encryption at all. Or you only need
symmetric encryption (same key used both for enc and dec).

> Can GnuPG be downloaded on a virtual machine so, that, if one user on VM
> generates a pair-key, this pair-key will be also the keys of other user of
> this VM? So they all will be able to decrypt files using one private-key..?
Possible, but stupid (IMVHO). If you think VM access control is enough,
then just use it and don't encrypt the file.
Submission can be handled with a correct ACL (in *nix it could be
rwxrwx-wx on a folder: only members of the group will be able to read
the files in it, but every user can put his file there -- we used this
method for lab projects).
Another way can be a web form that stores an uploaded file in a private
folder.

PGP is not a "magic bullet": he does what it's designed to do (and I
think it does it quite well), but won't prevent you from using it in
really insecure ways. *SECRET* keys are called that way for a reason.

BYtE,
 Diego.