Web of Trust in Practical Usage

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun May 5 06:10:14 CEST 2013

On 05/03/2013 06:15 PM, Quinn Wood wrote:
> On 5/1/13, Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
>> what specifically are you trying to do in the bigger picture?  maybe
>> folks here can give you some suggestions if we can see what you're
>> trying to accomplish in the abstract?
>
> I suppose I had hoped that the cost of generating new keys would
> prevent too much gaming in a WoT-vote based system.

even if you care about high quality entropy, new keys are pretty cheap.

If you don't care about high quality entropy (you just want new keys and
don't care how hard they are to guess) new keys are *outrageously*
cheap.  This isn't something you can rely on to just do aggregate
voting, unfortunately.

Regards,

	--dkg