Web of Trust in Practical Usage

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 6 15:04:51 CEST 2013

On Sun,  5 May 2013 08:43, ndk.clanbo at gmail.com said:

> But since the slow part of key generation is the primes selection, you
> could speed it up just recycling primes from different keys.

2.1 already does something similar.  Because the keys are generated by
the gpg-agent daemon the prime cache in Libgcrypt is actually used:
Libgcrypt first generates a pool of smaller primes and then tries
permutations of them to find a suitable strong prime.  The unused small
pool primes are then put into a cache and used for the next prime
generation.

Anyway, with the move from RSA to ECC, we don't need the secret primes
anymore.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner