--textmode not retaining the originating EOR

irak ira.kirschner at sungard.com
Fri May 24 15:27:27 CEST 2013

I am in the midst of changing my RedHat Linux environment from using PGP to
GPG (1.4.5). When I previously deciphered a client provided ".pgp" file, the
resultant file was CRLF terminated. No matter what I have tried using gpg to
decipher the same file, the resultant file is always LF terminated.

I have tried:
o  gpg --batch --yes --no-mdc-warning --skip-verify --passphrase $PHRASE -o
outfile.txt --textmode -d infile.pgp
o  gpg --batch --yes --no-mdc-warning --skip-verify --passphrase $PHRASE -o
outfile.txt --no-textmode -d infile.pgp
o  gpg --batch --yes --no-mdc-warning --skip-verify --passphrase $PHRASE -o
outfile.txt -t -d infile.pgp

All three of the above resulted in identical files with LF as the EOR. PGP
results in the same file but CRLF as the EOR.

What should I be doing to create a resultant file in the same manner that
the client created it?