[OT] Why are you using the GPG / PGP keys?

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Sat May 25 10:54:34 CEST 2013

Il 25/05/2013 03:36, Henry Hertz Hobbit ha scritto:

> I suspect most people just select and delete all email messages
> in their active email account every few weeks or months.  This
> does not bode well for the usage of GnuPG.
Actually it seems the ideal use for OpenPGPCard: once you change DEC
key, you can as well delete all your old (encrypted) mails.

Using a card only to store a key generated on a PC is, IMVHO, plain
nonsense -- and that's why I'm working on MyPGPid: I want to generate my
keys on-card, backup 'em ONLY to other cards, and use a single card (per
identity) while being able to read all my old messages, even if I change
my DEC key once a year (in a test scenario I could store 40 keys on a
72k card, still have to test how many on a 144k one).

PS: for the really paranoid, it's not hard to have a dead-man-switch
against coercition: if you don't connect to some service for enough
time, it uploads a revocation of all your keys to the keyservers so
everyone is alerted that something happened to you.

BYtE,
 Diego.