Quotes from GPG users

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Mon Nov 4 19:57:43 CET 2013

On 04.11.2013, MFPA wrote:

> > "GPG - keeps the XXX from your door!"  :-)
>
> > [Replace XXX with any three letter agency of your
> > choice]

> Is that actually true, rather than bringing you to their attention?

It depends.

My key is publically available, with my current email address in it.
Thus, anybody knows that I'm using gpg from time to time, at least
those who are interested to. But that doesn't mean that I'm encrypting
information which could be of importance for a three letter agency. In
fact, I'm much more concerned about all the people sitting
"in-between" (e.g. provider employees etc.) who could use content of my
emails to spam on me or to sell it to advertisers and the like.

After all, I have a private life..