Signing keys on a low-entropy system

Johannes Zarl johannes at zarl.at
Fri Nov 8 00:11:38 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm currently thinking about using a raspberry pi as a non-networked stand-
alone system for signing keys. Since I haven't heard anything to the contrary,
I'm pretty sure that entropy is relatively scarce on the pi.

How is GnuPG affected by such a low-entropy system? Will operations just take
a bit longer, or can this affect the quality/security of generated keys or
signatures?

I heard that low entropy or a bad entropy source is generall less of a problem
for RSA. Is this true? Does this affect me in practice?

Cheers,
  Johannes