Implementation idea of CURVE25519 for gnupg 2.1

Mark Schneider ms at it-infrastrukturen.org
Fri Nov 15 21:33:08 CET 2013

Hi,

There is GPL 3 based implementation of CURVE25519 called Pretty Curved
Privacy (pcp1).
http://www.daemon.de/PrettyCurvedPrivacy

What do you think about using parts of the ppc1 source code to implement
such functionality into gnupg 2.1?
http://www.daemon.de/idisk/Apps/PrettyCurvedPrivacy/pretty-curved-privacy-0.1.4.tag.gz

Myself I like this "SCII Case Demo" video how to use this utility:
http://asciinema.org/a/6135

Short description (from the website):
# ---
Pretty Curved Privacy (pcp1) is a commandline utility which can be used
to encrypt files. pcp1 uses eliptc curve cryptography for encryption
(CURVE25519 by Dan J. Bernstein). While CURVE25519 is no worldwide
accepted standard it hasn't been compromised by the NSA - which might be
better, depending on your point of view.

Caution: since CURVE25519 is no accepted standard, pcp1 has to be
considered as experimental software. In fact, I wrote it just to learn
about the curve and see how it works.

Beside some differences it works like GNUPG. So, if you already know how
to use gpg, you'll feel almost home.
# ---

Kind regards, Mark

ms at it-infrastrukturen.org