Setting encryption algorithm for specific key

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 20 23:33:39 CET 2013

Hello,

I communicate with someone whose key tells me it supports IDEA, and
since that's my prefered algorithm my gpg uses it to encrypt the
message. However, het setup does not in fact support it (any more, it
used to do in the past). Re-signing the key is no option, this is as
computer-literate as she'll get.

I have now hardcoded cipher-algo in gpg.conf but is there an option I
can select a specific cipher-algo for a particular key or recipient?

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers