GPG2 encryption options

Peter Humphreys eagleeyes426 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 20:44:27 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

Firstly I'm not 100% sure your getting my replies if I reply directly from my mail client (new to mailing lists).

But here goes anyways.

My attempt at creating random passphrases is finished. I now have a script which generates these randomly and passing these through thanks to your previous advice is working nicely to encrypt and decrypt files.

What I would now like to know is how to securely store and access the passphrase file for decrypting files.

My idea is to sign and encrypt the passphrase.txt file (all good), but is there a way that I can access the file without having to decrypt it fully back to it's .txt state and search it to get the passphrases out of it for example?

or I just have to encrypt\decrypt each time i want to pipe passphrases out of it? Also how do I go about setting up the gpg-agent to cache my main passphrase for X number of minutes for example?

Kind Regards,
Peter Humphreys