First steps with GPG, am I off to a good start?

Robin Kipp mlists at robin-kipp.net
Sat Oct 12 00:22:05 CEST 2013

Hi Robert,
many thanks for your reply!

Am 11.10.2013 um 03:35 schrieb Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org>:

> Leave off the 'expert' flag and just use the defaults.  Seriously, the
> defaults are reasonable and don't need tweaking.  :)

I only put the --expert flag because I wanted to take advantage of having a main key that can only sign and certify, and which I can then store offline. I know it's perhaps easier for a beginner to start out with a single key for everything, but since I think I understood the reason one should have several subkeys, I thought it would be best to start out as such and (hopefully) not have to revoke the main key because of any stupid mistakes…
Robin