First steps with GPG, am I off to a good start?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Oct 12 06:04:28 CEST 2013

On 10/11/2013 11:25 PM, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> Yet, no one came up with a tool as straightforward as parcimonie [1]
> before two years ago. My keyring has been fresh ever since I could
> `apt-get install` it.

I've been refreshing my keyrings via cronjobs since 1996.  One single
shellcode statement and bang, at 0400 each morning my keyring gets
updated, and...

... well, wait.  Hmm.  Guess since it uses a shell statement I can't
call it 'straightforward,' since it requires a level of skill beyond
that possessed by the vast majority of the populace.

Just like using Debian, period, requires a level of skill beyond that
possessed by the vast majority of the populace.

I'm glad you love parcimonie and I'm glad that it fits your needs, but
let's not confuse "it is aimed at my skill level and I do not find it
challenging to use" with "it is a straightforward tool for everyday
users".  :)