Issues when switching between smartcards

Fabio Coatti fabio.coatti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 11:59:37 CEST 2013

In data martedì 15 ottobre 2013 16:16:48, Kevin ha scritto:
> Personally, I have found that "killall gpg-agent" works for me in these
> cases, without much fuss.  However, since you have a different reader,
> and most probably different OS, etc, YMMV.

After some mail exchange with Ludovic Rousseau (many thanks for his help and
patience) , I solved the issues upgrading ccid to 1.4.13, but mainly looking
at the bios setup where I found that the laptop was configured to power on and
off the reader according to the fact that the card was inserted or not. It
seems that this confuses smart card driver (basically, when powered off the
reader is not even visible in lsusb).
I don't konw if this is an issue that can be dealt with changin something in
driver code (probably it should handle this behaviour more nicely), but
telling bios to always keep reader powered solved my issue (basically now I'm
relying on linux usb power management to avoid waste when card is not
inserted)

--
Fabio