Building pinentry on Windows 7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 23 10:14:37 CEST 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:06, Nikola.Radovanovic at seavus.com said:

> I couldn't find any manual for building pinentry executables for
> Windows (specifically Windows 7/8). Also for Gpg4Win 2 in general. I

The easiest way to do this is to follow the README of the gpg4win
installer source.  It is best to use a decent Debian systems.  Although
the configure script of the installer checks for required software, some
checks are missing and you may run in to errors if you have not
installed, for example the transfig package.  Let us know what you had
to install so we can add the checks.

If you just want to build pinentry, you download the tarball and

  mkdir ~/w32root
  cd somewhere
  tar xjvf pinentry-0.8.3.tar.bz2
  cd pinentry-0.8.3
  ./autogen.sh --build-w32
  make
  make install
  cp ~/w32root/bin/pinentry-*.exe /cifs/windows7-box/.../../

However, unless you only want the really ugly native pinentry you need
to install lots of libraries first.  Thus using the gpg4win installer
framework is easier.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner