add a request for advocating crypto to the crypto tools

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Thu Oct 24 04:20:24 CEST 2013

Hauke Laging wrote:
> Hello,
>
> due to its rather little visibility for the average user this affects GnuPG
> less than its GUIs (the mail clients in particular). It may well be used in
> the GnuPG documentation (man, info, www). But I assume that many GUI (or more
> general: crypto tool) developers are on these lists.
>
> We need everyone we can get for help in advocating the usage of crypto tools.
> Currently probably even most crypto users are not aware of the opportunities
> they have for doing that (even at nearly no effort). Thus I suggest that the
> crypto tools get somewhere (configuration windows) a link to a page which
> tells them.

Enigmail has long been a featured extension on Thunderbird's page
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

I just checked and it is also featured on Seamonkey's
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net