The symmetric ciphers

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Oct 30 20:37:53 CET 2013

On 30/10/13 20:25, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> If we have plenty of randomness available, we could do this a different
> way: XOR the message M with a random one-time pad P to obtain N. Encrypt P
> with A, and N with B.

Why are you inventing new crypto primitives? Symmetric crypto is already good
enough.

But to immediately debunk this system: there is a strong correlation between P
and N (i.e., the plaintext). This means you are encrypting strongly correlated
material with two different ciphers. If you can somehow make them meet in the
middle, you no longer have to completely break one of the ciphers completely
but instead break both partially, which might be orders easier to do.

HTH,

Peter.