Where is ECC in gpg2 (specifically gnupg-2.0.21

Newton Hammet newton at hammet.net
Thu Sep 12 05:43:45 CEST 2013

Hello Everyone,

I dutifully did ./configure, make, sudo make install for gunupg-2.0.21
after finally doing same for all its dependencies and then ran
/usr/local/lib/gpg2 --expert --gen-key

and all I got was this:

newton at newton-desktop:~/gpg2_0_21/gnupg-2.0.21$ /usr/local/bin/gpg2
--expert --gen-key
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.21; Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Please select what kind of key you want:
    (1) RSA and RSA (default)
    (2) DSA and Elgamal
    (3) DSA (sign only)
    (4) RSA (sign only)
    (7) DSA (set your own capabilities)
    (8) RSA (set your own capabilities)
Your selection? ^C
gpg: signal Interrupt caught ... exiting

Shouldn't I be seeing 1 or more ECC choices?

Was I supposed to supply some special arguments to ./configure ?

Thanks,
Newton