Why trust gpg4win?

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:43:44 CEST 2013

Il 11/09/2013 11:48, Pete Stephenson ha scritto:

> Actually, I was thinking of something that was the exact opposite:
> some device (which I don't think exists) that would allow one to
> connect a USB flash drive to the device, and have the device convert
> that into RS232 serial data for the computer, thus avoiding any USB
> interaction with the computer itself. The computer would then need to
> process the serial data to read or write files on the drive. As far as
> I know, nothing like that exists and I'm not sure if it'd be possible
> to do. Even if it was possible, it'd be immensely slower than normal
> USB connections.
Actually such a module exists, and is used to add flash disk access to
small microcontrollers: it's VDrive2 (VNC1L module) by Vinculum
http://www.ftdichip.com/Documents/DataSheets/Modules/DS_VDRIVE2.pdf

I don't think it adds anything to security, but at least it's doable :)

If you are *so* concerned about key security, it's better to use an HSM.

BYtE,
 Diego.