Decrypt Issue

Paul R. Ramer free10pro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 14:02:08 CEST 2013

On 09/10/2013 06:41 AM, Diaz, John, A wrote:
> Spoke too soon.  The wrong path was part of the problem, but I’m still having the issue:
>

> Mainframe calls .bat file that calls C# application that calls second .bat file to call GnuPG to decrypt a file. Once decrypted, other stuff happens, e-mails are sent, blah, blah, blah.
>
> Here's the issue: When the mainframe calls the .bat file to start the process, the decryption returns:
> Decrypt error :gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (AIX)
> gpg: public key is 07F7097A
> gpg: encrypted with ELG-E key, ID 07F7097A
> gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available
[snip]

You need to determine which user account and system that you are running
the script from and which account and system that gpg is running under.
 It is mostly likely gpg is running under the wrong user or system.
Determine where the secret key that you are using is located (i.e. which
directory holds the GnuPG home directory). And If you can edit the
script, make it print out the value of the GNUPGHOME environment
variable and compare that against what the correct home directory is
supposed to be.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--Paul