Sign key and export for each UID

atair atair04 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 16 15:32:30 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm now in the situation to sign one other's key for the first time.
He signed mine some days ago and sent me an email "Your PGP key
<keyid>" to each UID of my key with an attached file
"<my-keyid>.<index of UID>.signed-by-<his-keyid>.asc".
I know that I can use --sign to sign the key and then --export to
export it, but I don't know how to do this for each UID (content of
attached files differ). I also discovered, that there's a sign, lsign,
... in the interactive mode with --edit-key -- what are they for/how
do they differ from normal --sign?

To me, this seems like a standard procedure/template, is it? Where to get it?
To me this looks pretty good, as it respects the signed person's
freedom to publish the signature on the keyservers he/she wants to
(and not me doing sth. with one others key).

Thanks!