How to find and verify a trust path?

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 22:00:35 CEST 2013

Il 17/09/2013 22:01, Philip Jägenstedt ha scritto:

> That's fine, I'm just trying to figure out what others do to convince
> themselves that (e.g.) the GnuPG dist sig key is trustworthy-ish and
> if there are any tools to help with the boring bits.
I think "stability" is what most newbies (and probably experienced users
too) use.

If the same "identity" keeps using the same key while relating with
different users, it's "trustworthy". So if I have CDs from some years
ago and OpenPGP is signed with the same key used today, I can be "sure
enough" it's not been tampered with and the new file is trustworthy.

And often it's more important stability over "impossible" verifications
of "real life identity".

BYtE,
 Diego.