Can't adduid (can't read pubring.gpg?)

Christopher W. Richardson cwr at cwrichardson.com
Sat Sep 21 05:58:42 CEST 2013

On 20 Sep 2013, at 21:50, "C. Rossberg" <cr at rheloud.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2013, Christopher W. Richardson wrote:

> try gmane

Thanks, C! With a search front-end to the archives, I was able to find someone who fixed a similar problem by moving his sec and pub rings to *.old files, and then reimporting. It turns out that worked, sort of. If I export my public key, then import just my pub and private keys creating new keyrings, the problem is solved. However, if I try to import the entire old pubring.gpg, the problem persists and the following happens:

cwr at Hermes$gpg --import pubring.gpg.old
gpg: keyring `/Users/cwr/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/Users/cwr/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
gpg(5521) malloc: *** error for object 0x70000: pointer being freed was not allocated
gpg: Total number processed: 19
gpg:               imported: 19  (RSA: 6)
gpg(5521) malloc: *** error for object 0x70000: pointer being freed was not allocated

I guess there are some corrupted public key(s)? Like I said, my problem is effectively solved; however, if the above looks like a bug and someone wants to work on it, I'm happy to change the subject line and provide whatever information would be useful.

Cheers!
Chris