Use of two private/public key pairs, Sign only and Encrypt only

Fri Sep 27 15:39:00 CEST 2013

Am Do 26.09.2013, 16:17:37 schrieb Hank Ivy:
> What articles exist on having two private/public key pairs, and using one to
> only sign a document, and the other only for encryption?

> Have there been any courts that subpoenaed the private key and its pass
> phrase of a user?

You can have a single mainkey with separate subkeys for signing and encryption
(and with different passphrases though that requires some tricks) so that it
would be enough to give away the decryption key. I doubt that anywhere in the
civilized world you can legally be forced to enable the police to forge your
signature. You could even export just that key in advance.

On the other hand most of us have learnt a lot about the real state of the
world quite recently...

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/bekannte/