post-quantum computing in GnuPG

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Apr 2 01:43:09 CEST 2014

> Hi, is there any plan to include post-quantum cryptography ciphers such
> as McEliece and NTRU in GnuPG?

I am not a GnuPG developer: they will have the official word.

Unofficially, no.  GnuPG tracks the RFCs published by the IETF Working
Group.  If you want to see this, make a case for it to the WG and get
algorithm numbers, etc., assigned.  Then implement it as a patch to a
GnuPG tree and let people beat on it for a while.  If it survives,
you've got an excellent chance of getting it adopted into GnuPG.

I know, I know -- "I didn't mean 'how do *I* implement it,' I meant 'are
*you* going to implement it.'"  And the answer there is probably not,
not unless someone like you gets the ball rolling in the above fashion.