Chipdrive SPR 532 and OpenPGP Card with 4096Bit RSA Keys

Florian Wolters florian at florian-wolters.de
Sat Apr 5 15:57:57 CEST 2014

Hi all,

> It works for me. I have an SPR 532 with firmware v5.10, and I'm running Debian
> testing x86_64. I'm using GnuPG's internal CCID driver.

I got this working as well. The problem oviously indeed lies with the
firware version of the smartcard reader. I managed to update the
firwamre to 5.10 using a physical serial RS-232 port to connect the
reader. The former tries with the USB interface on a VirtualBox machine
did not work.

But concerning the keys I got another question:  How can I tell gnupg to
use keys that are already stored on the card? I do have my private key
on the card already and want to use this card on another computer? Do I
have to import my keypair again and then "keytocard"?

Or can I tell gnupg somehow to use the key already existing on the card?

Regards

    Florian