PGP/GPG does not work easily with web-mail.

Leo Gaspard ekleog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:57:38 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 11:37:52PM +0100, One Jsim wrote:
> PGP/GPG does not work easily with web-mail.
>
> Most email, today, is read and write using the browser
>
> POP ou IMAP mail is a rarity
>
> That is the problem
>
> Some text/link in this problem?
>
> José Simões

Well... I started to write a firefox addon, but never had enough time to finish
it. Perhaps later. If anyone wishes to get what I've done (that is, a js-ctype
binding of gpgme, along with tests AFAICR), I can try to locate the source code!

However, a major issue remains the encryption of HTML documents, which is,
AFAICT, not possible today (well, not automatically at least, as of course gpg
can be used to sign html files); and besides not obviously secure: what about
white-on-white text and such? I don't doubt there are fixes for such, and most
isn't even an issue; I just remember enigmail forbids it, so I guess there are
reasons.

Sorry for not helping you more,

Leo