It's 2014. Are we there yet?

Kapil Aggarwal kappu at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 18:23:07 CEST 2014

If you gave that explanation to my wife.... :) Her eyes would glaze over
before you finished the first paragraph. Not that I disagree with you and it
is actually a very sane/less complex explanation.

My point is that the average Joe user equates SSL with "web security" for
e.g. Whether this notion is right or wrong, doesn't matter, it's what he/she
believes. They don't understand SSL any better than PGP/GPG etc. yet they
"believe" in it. Somehow the message of "secure communications" needs to be
at the same level of simplicity and pervasiveness.