The bug... More info.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Apr 15 00:51:44 CEST 2014

> backlog.  Well, they did not give it up so much as contract it out to a
> company that put profit ahead of product and they essentially stopped doing it
> on the governments behalf.

I was about to not respond, but -- I have this thing about errors of
fact: I want to see them corrected.  So yes, this is off-topic, and I
plan on letting this end here.

The USG still does a lot of these, and there are several companies
providing these background check services.  USIS, one of the largest
providers, is under investigation for misconduct -- but let's not go
about thinking the entire system has collapsed, or that the USG doesn't
do any of the work itself any more.  Neither is true.