UI terminology for calculated validities

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Apr 23 00:56:58 CEST 2014

> Oh wow. I understand you can make any topic as difficult as you want
> if you put some effort into it, but are there seriously people who
> have different keys for different levels of identity verification?
> And do they admit they do this because they are sadistic, or is there
> some way they try to explain this away?

I can see it, actually.  Let's say that I have a certificate for
personal use, and a separate one for corporate use where the private
part is escrowed with the firm.  You might trust signatures from my
personal cert but not from the corporate cert, due to your concerns over
my corporate masters being able to impersonate me at-will.