gpg: checking created signature failed: Bad signature

green at mm.st green at mm.st
Tue Aug 5 12:59:31 CEST 2014

Many thanks for the reply, Werner.

> What version of Libgcrypt are you using? "gpg2 --version" shows that.

libgcrypt 1.6.1

> Is that an intermittent problem which always happens on the same machine?

Yes.  I can run a command such as "gpg2 --clearsign doc" and it will
fail with the "Bad signature error" then I can immediately run the same
command again and it works (but not consistently).

The issue is only happening on this machine.  I am using the same
private key on a Windows 7 machine with GPG4Win and I don't get this
problem.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can provide which
might help diagnose the issue.

Kind regards.