How to preserve the permission/owner/group owner on the pubring.gpg, secring.gpg and trustdb.gpg

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Aug 6 21:24:32 CEST 2014

On 06/08/14 20:58, Werner Koch wrote:
> GnuPG is quite serious about permissions and thus has no option to
> change that.

Can I ask what happened to --preserve-permissions? I checked the man
pages on a Debian stable system, which mentioned them.

I was a bit surprised to find the option since I agree with your current
stance.

> userv(1) is your friend.

Thanks for the pointer to that service!

> grep for S_IWUSR and add group permissions.

Additionally, if the group is set to the wrong group, you might need to
make the gpghome directory set-gid. Forgot to mention that in my mail :).

Bye,

Peter.