How to preserve the permission/owner/group owner on the pubring.gpg, secring.gpg and trustdb.gpg

Sieu Truc sieutruc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:44:23 CEST 2014

Thank alot for your advices and your solution, so that i understand more
about gpg.

But actually, it's not me to decide whether i should use a shared secring
but the client wants to have 3 users using the shared keyring.

Each users belong to one specific group as described above (admin:control
all, test1 (groupTest1): can add public key (no operation with secret key),
test2 (groupTest2): can use only gpg --encrypt/sign/decrypt)

On WIndows, i did that without any problem because the owner of created
file can position the access rights like adding more permissions/more
user/group on those files.
That means after an operation, i have a subfunction that allow restoring
its original permissions as well as its ownership.

In Linux, it seems impossible to use traditional permission, because one
file can have only one user, one group (other -all the others) , and the
owner of the file cannot transfer his right to the other. that's reason why
i let "others " owner acts like the test2 ( can read pubring and secring)

Maybe i will discuss with them to get something that can be feasable.

Truc