Seeking clarification with a few GPG concepts

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Aug 13 15:29:38 CEST 2014

On 13/08/14 14:54, pzeudo at hushmail.com wrote:
> Could you now, from this one snapshot, tell which UIDs and subkeys I
> added and then deleted again?

Ah, right. It depends a bit. Especially self-signatures, which include
key preferences, do normally accumulate. But if you use export-minimal
or the "minimize" command, I don't think anything historic is emitted.
And the del* commands indeed really throw stuff out, as far as I have
seen. So any UID or subkey deleted with deluid and delkey are really
deleted.

> I tried playing with list-packets and pgpdump, and to me it looks
> like no such information is available, but then again, I'm not
> familiar with the inner workings of gpg.

Some of those subpackets can be rather cryptic as well as cryptographic ;).

HTH,

Peter.