FAQ change, final draft

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Aug 13 20:43:32 CEST 2014

> Hi Robert, This looks great. One very minor point (possibly not
> germane, please comment): Are you discussing the reliability of the
> NIST P curves for ECC?

No, because that's the first time anyone's asked that question on the
list -- so it's not a frequently asked question.  :)

> What is GPG planning as the default curves? NIST, Brainpool or ?

Beats me, you'd have to ask Werner, I have no involvement with the code,
and I can't even tell you which curves I'd personally recommend.

Due to my father being a U.S. federal judge, I think a lot of the GnuPG
community would react very badly to me ever touching the GnuPG code.  In
deference to their wishes, I limit myself to maintaining the FAQ and
answering routine questions.  "Which curves will we use and why?" is not
within my remit.  :)