FAQ change, final draft

Martin Behrendt martin-gnupg-users at dkyb.de
Thu Aug 14 10:00:52 CEST 2014

Am 14.08.2014 um 04:32 schrieb Robert J. Hansen:
> On 8/13/2014 5:22 PM, Martin Behrendt wrote:
>> Because they probably will become frequently asked questions in the
>> future.
>
> The questions experts think will be frequently asked are usually rarely
> asked.  :)

But I don't qualify as an expert. :)
And two other things I noted while reading the FAQ (under what can be
improved perspective).

1. On the starting page for the FAQ[0] I tried to view all formats and
the txt format link [1] uses ftp instead of https and leaves me with the
following message:

> 300: ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gnupg/GnuPG-FAQ.txt/ 200: filename
> content-length last-modified file-type

2. Assuming that sooner or later stuff about ECC will find its way into
the FAQ. I think an overview (maybe in a table) which connects the
questions "7.6 What's RSA" to "7.12 What's Camellia" would help a
beginner/intermediate.

I'm thinking of something like:
Name | Can be used for | Type | ...
Elgamal | encryption | asymmetric

What you think?

[0] https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/faqs.html
[1] ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gnupg/GnuPG-FAQ.txt/