OpenPGP card feature request: as many encryption-capable keys as technically possible

Andreas Schwier andreas.schwier.ml at cardcontact.de
Fri Aug 15 11:42:01 CEST 2014

The SmartCard-HSM allows you to store as many RSA/ECC keys as memory can
hold. And we are splitting management of keys from application data, so
that you can store keys for any application on the same device.

So far this works for gpgsm / PKCS#11 / Minidriver / Java / Android,
however you can't have your gnupg keys on a SmartCard-HSM yet.

We'd love to implement that support, however currently the code in gnupg
supports only cards conforming to the OpenPGP card spec (which we feel
is too restrictive for a general key storing device).

Andreas