Fwd: It's time for PGP to die.

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 17 18:43:32 CEST 2014

On 17-08-2014 17:08, Michael Anders wrote:

> Your private key is compromized if your system
> has been hacked(if you don't live in a police state where authorities
> can force you to reveal it).

Unfortunately most of us do. Including the US, UK and the Dutch are
aklso pushing for such laws.

> Once a crisp and nicely implementable asynchronous protocol with forward
> secrecy comes up, however, we should have it implemented
> immediately.(The synchronous ones are easy, of course.)

Whispersystems has done a good job with Textsecure as ar as I read the
opinions about it. In practice their application is very usable too,
except that MMS does not work in some circumstances (but who uses that
anyway in 2014?)

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers