Fwd: It's time for PGP to die.

Rob Ambidge rob at aspman.info
Mon Aug 18 11:04:54 CEST 2014

I read an article or something a while back stating the legal theory that if your passphrase is an admittance to a past crime, to hand over said passphrase would constitute as having said "testimonial value" and you could get away with not disclosing the passphrase.
But it is just legal theory, and I am no expert in law, american law, or even cryptography. So what happens in practice is anyone's guess really.