So on & so forth

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Tue Aug 19 20:41:50 CEST 2014

On 8/19/14 4:01 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:14, nicholas.cole at gmail.com said:
>
>> They've made a fork? I hadn't realised that. Why on earth?
>
> I don't know.  However they use a set of patches (e.g. allowing 8k keys)
> and thus the Mac version diverts from the gnupg.org version.  Actually
> Gpg4win does the same but I take care that those patches get back to
> upstream.  In fact all but one patch are regular commits done after a
> release to fix Windows problems.  The remaining patch extends the GnuPG
> version with the Gpg4win version.
>
> I would appreciate if the Mac folks would decide to use gnupg-devel for
> development.  It would also be desirable if the new speedo build system
> from 2.1 could also be used for Mac OS.

So, which "mac guys" are you referring to? I recently got a Macbook for
work and have been busy trying to recreate my environment/tools. I found
the "GPG Suite" from this web site: https://gpgtools.org/index.html
which seemed legit enough ... are those the developers you're referring
to? Is there any concern over using their stuff?

I got to their site from the link  on
https://www.gnupg.org/download/index.html so I had assumed it was Ok. :-/

Doug