Fwd: GNU hackers discover HACIENDA government surveillance and give us a way to fight back

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Aug 22 04:17:30 CEST 2014

> Just to get pedantic, according to Wikipedia [1]:

First, thank you for citing a definition rather than using a loose
handle on a notion.  I genuinely appreciate it!

> That seems pretty clear to me that HACIENDA is indeed a surveillance program.

It also means that a newspaper reporting on the outcome of a soccer
match is a surveillance program, since it influences the outcome of
gamblers who have twenty euros on the game.

I respectfully submit that once the definition is broadened that far,
the word ceases to have probative value.  But if that's the definition
people want to use, then I'll just shrug, register my objection, and
move on.  :)