Smart Card 4096 Key Question

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Sun Aug 31 23:27:23 CEST 2014

On 31/08/14 18:31, Jonathan Brown wrote:
> Can an OpenPGP 2.0 smart card hold 3 4096 keys at the same-time?
> Additionally could an OpenPGP 2.0 Smart card hold 4 4096 keys as well?
>
> This is assuming you are using a GPG version that supports this. Sorry
> I couldnt find this answer online.

Johnathan,

Yes the card can have a 4096bit Auth, Sign and Encryption key. You have
to generate them on a machine though, not on card.

No you cannot have 4 keys on a card.

Regards,
Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org