GPG cannot evaluate the length of text file.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Dec 4 08:36:41 CET 2014

On Wed,  3 Dec 2014 22:59, sieutruc at gmail.com said:

> But i don't really understand how gpg can determine when to use partial
> length encoding or other methods (one octet, 2 octets, 4 octets)

Well, you need to read the code (g10/sign.c).

> So how can i deactivate  "partial length encoding" because i want to get
> the information in "signature packet" for my application.

Do not use the information provided by --list-packets - this is not a
stable interface and only intended for debugging; it may change without
notice.

If you need to get the length of the signed data, use

  gpg --verify -o - file | wc -c

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner