Convert GPG key to ssh key

Salih Kardan kardan38 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:05:48 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I am just trying to convert gpg key to ssh key to be able use it in
authorized_keys file and I am using *`gpgkey2ssh $key_id`  *command.
However this command does not work properly and gives this error :

gpg: error reading key: public key not found
gpgkey2ssh: gpgkey2ssh.c:278: main: Assertion `(algorithm_id == 1) ||
(algorithm_id == 17)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I have searched the error however could not find a clear explanation. I
come across some blog posts suggesting to use *`ssh-add -L` *command to
extract public part of key pair but I need to use *gpgkey2ssh *command. I
have another environment for testing same command, somehow on that
environment *`gpgkey2ssh $key_id` *command extract public part of key which
is compatible with authorized_keys file.
I guess this is not a bug since same command works in another environment
but could find the exact reason of this error?  Any help is appreciated...

Note: gpg2 version that I am using is 2.1.0.

Thanks in advance.