Mainkey with many subkeys??

Tomo Ruby tomofr at web.de
Mon Dec 8 19:48:23 CET 2014

Am 08.12.2014 um 00:40 schrieb MFPA:

> On Sunday 7 December 2014 at 3:04:09 PM, in
> <mid:54846C69.2020606 at web.de>, Tomo Ruby wrote:
>

>> If I create a main key to certify
>> and subkeys for everything else, won't there be dozens
>> of subkeys on my main key after years of creating and
>> revoking subkeys?
>
> When the subkey was coming up for expiry, wouldn't you just edit the
> expiry date?

Hey,

as I wrote in the mail from Sun Dec 7 22:38:03 CET 2014: I know I could just set a new expiration date but most times it's recommended to use a key for two years at the longest. So if I start counting I end up like this: One subkey for authentication, one for signing and one for encryption. This makes three new keys every two years...

I really don't understand why everyone has only so few subkeys...

Best regards