Release scheduling

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Dec 10 17:41:21 CET 2014

Hi!

it is now more than a month since the 2.1.0 release and I am asking
myself whether it is time to do another release.  There are about 50
commits including

 * gpg: Detect faulty use of --verify on detached signatures.

 * gpg: New import option "keep-ownertrust".

 * gpg: Fixed regression in --refresh-keys.

 * gpg: Fixed best matching hash algo detection for ECDSA and EdDSA.

 * gpg: Improved perceived speed of secret key listisngs.

 * gpg: Print number of skipped PGP-2 keys on import.

 * gpgconf --kill does not anymore start a service only to kill it.

 * Fixed keyserver access for Windows.

 * Fixed build problems on Mac OS X

 * The Windows installer does now install development files

 * More translations (but most of them are not complete).

 * gpg: Removed the option aliases --throw-keyid and --notation-data;
   use --throw-keyids and --set-notation instead.

 * gpg: Skip too large keys during import.

However, there are still open bugs and new bugs are also detected every
few days.  I think it is better to do a 2.1.1 now instead of trying to
get all new bugs fixed - it would delay things into the next year.

I plan to look into the learn card problem and find a solution before a
2.1.1, though.

Okay?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner